Field service software helps businesses manage their field service operations with tasks such as scheduling appointments, dispatching technicians, and managing internal communications. Field service software can be used by businesses of all sizes, in a variety of industries.
- Technology companies provide on-site support for their products and services.
- Construction companies manage their field crews and track the progress of projects.
- Manufacturing companies manage their maintenance schedules and track the performance of their equipment.
- Healthcare companies provide on-site care to patients.
- Retail companies manage their inventory and track the performance of their stores.
Dispatch software or scheduling software?
Field service dispatch software and field service scheduling software are two related but distinct types of software solutions used in field service management. Before you head out shopping, make it clear which one you need.
Field service dispatch software is used to assign work orders to field technicians and track their progress. This software can help businesses to improve efficiency by ensuring that technicians are always working on the most important tasks. Field dispatch software can also help businesses to improve customer service by ensuring that customers’ needs are met promptly.
Field service scheduling software is used to create and manage schedules for field technicians. This software can help businesses to ensure that technicians are always available to meet customer needs. Field service scheduling software can also help businesses to save money by optimizing the use of resources.
|Field service dispatch software||Field service scheduling software|
|Focus||Day-to-day operations||Long-term planning|
|Best for||Quickly and efficiently dispatching field technicians to customer locations||Planning and managing field service schedules in advance|
|Key features||Distributing work orders, tracking progress, communicating live||Creating and managing schedules|
How to choose field service software?
Choosing the right field service software can be a big decision, but it’s one that’s worth taking the time to do right. There are listing portals such as GetApp or Capterra that list different field service software apps and bring out their features and peculiarities.
- Read reviews: Before you make a decision, be sure to read the reviews. This will give you a good idea of what other businesses are saying about the software and whether or not it’s a good fit for your needs.
- Get a demo: Most field service software providers offer demos of their software. This is a great way to try out the software and see if it’s a good fit for your business.
- Talk to a sales rep: If you have any questions or concerns, be sure to talk to a sales rep from the field service software provider. They can help you to understand the software and answer any questions you may have.
While doing this research, keep in mind all of your needs. If it’s easier for you, create a checklist or make notes as you evaluate different apps.
- Your business needs: What are the specific tasks that you need the software to help you with? Once you know your needs, you can start to narrow down your options.
- Your budget: Field service software can range in price from a few hundred dollars to tens of thousands of dollars. It’s important to set a budget before you start shopping so that you don’t overspend.
- Your team: The software you choose should be easy to use and understand by your entire team. Make sure to test out the software with your team before you make a decision.
- Your support needs: If you have any questions or problems with the software, you’ll need to be able to get help quickly. Make sure to choose a software provider that offers excellent support.
How we can help
Are you looking for field dispatch software? Zelos Team Management is a super-simple dispatch app that is perfect for dispatching service requests and tracking the process. Get in touch with our team to learn more, or create a free account for your team to get started today.